• May 14, 2015 at 1:25 am #14515
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,
    You provided the right feedback on the vaccination question, and I don’t really see it a good practice to ask kcc to unlock your forms so as to include another work experience. If you are already qualified through another way ( e.g successful completion of12 yrs at least of education ) then no need for an unlock, instead tell the Co that you need to include that when in the day of your appointment.
    Thanks a lot Alex, will make sure to win later 😉
    Have a nice day !!

May 27, 2015 at 6:42 am #14539
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Sam,

Me and my wife has been chosen to continue for interview. We sent our DS-260 last week.

Gabriela Ruseva
    Case Number: 2015EU000296**
    DS-260 sent date 22.05.2015

We found that we have been chosen a bit later. Do we still have a good change to go interview?

If your answer is yes, when we can expect second letter or interview date ?

Is there any way to check which number is going to interview these days ?

Also the family of my wife also have been chosen, but their number is something like 2015EU000156**, they have sent their DS-260 on 15. 05.2015 what about them, can they expect date for interview ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Stefan G.

May 29, 2015 at 12:49 pm #14542
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Stefan,

Both your number and your wife’s family’ number are already Current, which means if their DS-260 forms are submitted, then they will be notified for an interview schedule.

Since you have both completed the forms at a late date, then, I assume KCC will finish processing your forms in 2-3 months from now, and by then your interview will be held on the last month which is September 2015. Otherwise if your forms were not processed by then OR there were no interview slots, then nothing would happen.

Now all you need is to wait, and after a month make calls to KCC asking if they have processed your forms or yet.

Good luck to you 🙂

May 29, 2015 at 2:47 pm #14545
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply Sam.

I hope that we won’t miss our chance because of sending DS-260 too late. So we will wait to receive an update for the interview.

Good luck to you too.

May 29, 2015 at 3:22 pm #14549
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re welcome, Stefan 🙂

I wish you good luck too, and I don’t think you will be left out as KCC is already getting over the DS-260 workload and they can process what’s left in a good delays. just keep in touch with them once 30 days passes, so as to know about your case updates.

All the best !!

July 2, 2015 at 2:39 pm #14595
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I received a reply from KCC and my appointment day is August 26th.

July 3, 2015 at 6:08 pm #14596
    Anonymous
    Inactive

At last!! Congratulations Alex!! 🙂

July 18, 2015 at 7:56 am #14602
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Samuel.

I would like to ask you, my interview date is on August, 25. My sponsor can fill the i-134 on August, 8. Is that OK?
    Thanks.

July 27, 2015 at 6:22 am #14607
    Anonymous
    Inactive

“The reply you came to read is little bit outdated and in fact for the vaccination question you can either answer Yes or No but you have to provide a justification. For instance, supposing you are not sure about your vaccination records and if you took some of the necessary ones, then answer as No and fill out that you will take them in the medical appointment.

Read more at DV LOTTERY FORUM: https://ventureseed.com/immigration/?p=270”;

Hi Samuel. Sadly, now I realised that I forgot to provide an explanation regarding my vaccinations. I answered YES but without a justification.
    Do you think that will be a problem, maybe the CO will think that I tried to lie?

August 25, 2015 at 12:06 pm #14652
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I went today on the interview to the embassy in Greece. The CO accepted my education and work experience (my only proof were two letters from an ex employer and my current employer with the companies stamp).

The waiting time was very big since I got in the embassy till I left, the whole proccess took nearly 4 hours to complete.

They asked me some questions about my previous travel in the US and where am I planning to stay to, and they didn’t ask for bank statement or sponsor form. The more stressful thing was when they asked for exact days that I went to school from elementary till high school. Cause I didn’t remember well the dates and I was afraid that the CO would perceive that as me trying to lie or something.

Because I thought that the high school diploma is enough, I didn’t bring with me the elementary diploma (stupid mistake). Fortunately I explained them that since I presented them the high school diploma, it is obvious that I had completed elementary successfully.

Now, the only problem is that I have to present until Friday the birth certificate of my birth country (I was born in Albania), cause the one I had was issued on May 2014 and that document must be valid for one year. So, I hope that by thursday or friday I will take it to the embassy, or else my visa will be canceled. Fortunately, they facilitated me and told me to bring it by myself in the embassy instead of the usual procedure that is with DHL courier, so that I don’t delay it more.

*They didn’t ask me for the copies of my documents and they kept the originals when I presented to them.
    Will I get them on friday when I give them the missing birth certificate?

Thanks

August 25, 2015 at 10:00 pm #14654
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I am terribly sorry that you have had missing documents and you are expected to provide them by this Friday, you need to hurry up!

No, it was not a stupid mistake that you haven’t brought the elementary school cert, most of visa petitioners weren’t asked about it. As for the birth certificate, my friend, it is awful that we didn’t knew it is only valid for one year, and you didn’t notice that. Don’t worry, you can get it in a day, just head to the Albanian embassy in Greece (I think there’s one in Athens), and don’t forget to take the documents you think you shall be asked to provide ( ID, etc ). And kindly urge them that you are in a hurry too, so they appreciate your circumstances..

It’s fascinating to hear that those 2 letters took over the public charge situation, and congratulations. When you provide those missing documents, they will give you the original documents you left there ( they should make copies ), and let you know when you will come back or when they will contact you.

You don’t need to be afraid, you will be put on AP (administrative processing), until the CO has done the investigations regarding your elementary education and look through the documents provided.

I hope you get that birth cert as fast as you can, and don’t get yourself delayed.

Wishing you good luck, a lot of it as you need it, and please keep us posted!

🙂

August 26, 2015 at 6:13 am #14655
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually it is issued in Albania, not in the embassy. The problem is not that, it is already issued and I will have it by today evening. The problem is that in the DV regulations it states about the birth certificate that it should have an

Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

and the old one that expired had it already.
    But for the new one, I can’t make it on time to have that annotation, cause otherwise I will have it by monday and the CO was very strict to bring it until friday.

On the reciprocity schedule paper that they gave me when I left, it doesn’t mention anything about that annotation though.
    In any case, I am doing a desperate attempt, since I can’t make it on time and will present it to them without that special annotation and hope that they will accept it.

August 27, 2015 at 7:37 am #14657
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK I just returned from the embassy. The employee seemed to accept my new issued birth certificate and she informed me that in about two weeks I shall receive my passport and visa along with the original documents via DHL, although she didn’t assure me that I would indeed get a visa.

August 27, 2015 at 11:18 am #14658
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Alex,

First off, congratulations that you could make it and provide that cert before the final delay which is tomorrow.

As for the annotation, exceptions can always be made, and the stamp and content of the Albanian-issued birth cert will definitely prove it is an extraction from official records.

So happy to head that the CO mentioned to you that first, original documents will be mailed to you, and second, the visa will be within the passport. Now, you don’t need to actually worry much, as you did what they have told you to do and what you could, and now leave them complete their investigations. I know waiting sucks a lot, so you might want to send them emails later or contact them to ensure the process is going well..

Keep an eye on the CEAC status checker as well.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted here, and all the best and good luck to you !! 🙂

August 27, 2015 at 11:58 am #14659
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, it seems I made it on time.
    By investigations, you mean that they ‘ll check when I went to school with exact dates or my criminal record? Maybe they’ll call my previous employers to check when I worked for them?
    The CEAC status checker is this right?
    https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Problem is I don’t have the case number it asks for anywhere…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.