• February 29, 2016 at 2:22 pm #15055
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i have recently discovered about the DV Lottery Visa and I am thinking of taking part in the forthcoming selection but however i am a bit unsure about the police clearance issue. i am recently studying in china and my degree is two years and i am finishing in june then i aim on applying for the DV lottery in October. my question is is it okay if i take a police clearance a few weeks prior leaving china for the application process of the DV lottery. if i qualify to go for further processing i know they would want a police clearance or certificate from china so will my police clearance be still valid by that time if i take the police clearance now because i know that after exiting China i have no intentions of coming back. i want to take a police clearance now because i want to save myself the hustle of having to come back to china just for a visa certificate.

please i hope to hear from you!!!!

February 29, 2016 at 3:39 pm #15058
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to the forums.

As if you don’t know, police clearance and certificates are valid for 12 months from the issuance date. You are not required to renew a police clearance letter from your previous country of residence if you have not traveled to that country after the date of the issuance of such letter.

This means that you should get a clearance from China before you leave to the other country, and even if this clearance is expired ( more than 12 months passed ), it is still valid because you did not travel again to China.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks.

Samuel

February 29, 2016 at 3:51 pm #15059
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you im answered 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.