• April 10, 2015 at 4:30 pm #14418
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Samuel, for the speedy response 🙂

In sha Allah… hope that he gets selected, well actually I am not eligible for DV lottery as my birth country is India, unlike my brother whose birth country is Saudi Arabia (but he holds Indian Nationality).

You know what, when I was first told about such lottery I thought that my friend (Sudanese) was kidding with me, but when I did my research on that last day just to be sure if such thing exists I was delighted and disappointed at the same time coz India is not eligible at all :(. However, I didn’t stop my search and kept going on that’s how I discovered that current nationality doesn’t matter and one can apply and enroll if he/she was born in any eligible list of countries provided we need to have sufficient evidences to prove that.

Anyways, never mind :p, I will be the most happiest person on this globe if he gets selected and get through this whole DV process smoothly. Just following your countdown for the big day and I see that you are an entrant too …I wish you the same and I hope you get through this DV journey with lots of joys and happiness.

April 10, 2015 at 4:51 pm #14419
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re welcome!

I am glad that you have read about the program to discover that your brother is qualified to enter.. I have a close friend from India who I always chat with and he keeps telling me when India is going to become eligible but in fact I don’t think that is going to happen soon because every 5 years more than 50.000 Indians travel and reside in the US.

I hope your brother wins, I hope he gets lucky enough because last year Saudi Arabia’s chance of winning was at 1.41% which means per every 70 entrants we have 1 winner.

Keep praying for your brother, and for your country to become eligible so that you can enroll as well 🙂

P.S: thanks for the wish, very appreciated !!

Eligibility

If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.

• Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your
      spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected
      entry, are issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
    • Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents
      was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth
      f one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2016 program.

source: DV-2016 instructions #

June 16, 2015 at 6:00 am #14574
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi my name is ajay thapa magar n i am from nepal. i am salcte 2015 dv program.i think in this july month is my 2nd latter comming month kkc told me? but in this time i did”t recive my 2nd latter or norf… i am worried about my dv program n my case num is cross then 85** can i acpte my 2nd latter..

June 16, 2015 at 11:04 pm #14575
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello @ajay,

Your case number appears to be a little high as your country ( Nepal ) is now limited in the bulletins. You can not receive a 2NL until you are current, so you need to wait until the next bulletin is published, and IF you were current, then expect a 2nd notification letter to be received withing the next couple weeks.

As for the question of “Can I receive a 2NL and WHEN?”, please try to keep an eye on @BritSimon’s website as he is going to publish the final predictions for the next bulletin, when this month 2NLs are sent and he is going to post some CEAC data extractions.

You can find him here: http://www.britsimonsays.com

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.